First

You were my first
            I hope you didn't realise at the time
            fumblingflustered, faltering
                       you probably did

Totally different from what I expected
            fear in my eyes
            and in yours
                       till the end

Chaos followed by silence
            a silence so complete, so pure, so absolute
            
            
            and then back to work
            replaying events in my head
                                                         for a week

Things are different now
            but I won't forget
            you never do
                                 your first unsuccessful resuscitation 

Image result for empty hospital bed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

The world is full of Gareth Southgates

Going Viral