Mysterious Ways

I thought I'd better take a break from writing about things like politics and the NHS. So I decided to go for a less controversial subject - religion












Mysterious Ways


My kid thinks that God’s a spy.
God a spy? I wonder why -
Perhaps it’s the phrase: “mysterious ways”
I’ll set him straight, one of these days

I’ll sit him down and tell him “Son,
Religion’s great for everyone -
God’s not a spy, he’s quite alright -
Superman (without kryptonite)

Religion is so good:
I think it’s fair to say
It’s made Northern Ireland
Just what it is today

It’s fun to go to church,
To say “God, you’re the Man -
But what’s with all the floods?
And why’d you kill my Nan?”

“Thanks for all the bunnies,
The lakes and mountain glades;
Thanks for all the puppies,
For cancer and for AIDS”.

He’s such a super guy,
I think that you can tell -
(But if you don’t believe in Him

You’re going straight to Hell)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

The world is full of Gareth Southgates

Going Viral